Garmin GMR Fantom 254 250 Watt 4' Open Array RadarModel: K10-00012-21
- 4’, 250 W solid-state open-array radar with pedestal
- MotionScope™ technology detects and highlights moving targets in different colors to help avoid collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather
- Pulse Compression technology provides high-resolution imaging while maximizing energy to enhance target detection and identification
- True echo trails display a fading trail to help you quickly and easily identify moving targets while accounting for the movement of your own boat
- Overlay radar on your chart screen as single display or split screen with independent range settings
- New mini-automatic radar plotting aid (MARPA) Automatic Acquisition allows for triggering and tracking with no user prompting on all returns, boundary zones, guard zones or MotionScope
- Track targets and weather from 20’ to 96 nautical miles
- Scan-to-scan averaging aids in reduction of sea clutter and interference
- MARPA tracks up to 30 selected targets, helping you keep track of other vessels and avoid collisions
- Choose from several easy-to-use settings that automatically adjust the gain or target size
- Instant turn on with near silent operation and low power consumption
Featuring 250 W of power, GMR Fantom 254 is their most powerful 4' solid-state radar. It uses MotionScope technology to detect and highlight moving targets in different colors, which helps you avoid potential collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather. It includes Pulse Compression technology that provides high-resolution imaging and maximizes energy to help you detect and identify targets. It has a detection range of 20’ to 96 nautical miles.
You get excellent close- and long-range target detection from as close as 20’ to 96 nautical miles, even in fog or rain. The narrow horizontal beamwidth provides a high-resolution image, and the high antenna gain picks out weak targets at a distance. This radar paints a clear, concise image of the shoreline, other vessels and impending weather — right on your Garmin chartplotter. Get consistent target positions, excellent target separation that helps you distinguish large targets from small ones and adjustable rotation speed for fast screen updates.
GMR Fantom uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather formations. The Doppler effect is the frequency shift in the radar echo due to the relative motion of the target. This allows for instant detection of any targets moving toward or away from the radar. MotionScope highlights the moving targets on the radar display so you can navigate around other boats or severe weather — or toward fishing spots where birds are feeding at the surface.
A fading "trail" is left on the screen to help you quickly and easily identify moving targets and potential collision threats. Trails are corrected for your boat’s rotation when an autopilot or heading sensor is connected to your Garmin network.
Where there are birds on the water’s surface, there are fish below it. Auto Bird Gain helps you locate flocks of birds at the water’s surface where baitfish are likely to be found.
Dynamic Auto Gain automatically adjusts to your surroundings for optimal performance in all conditions. Dynamic Sea Filter automatically adjusts gain to changing sea conditions with user options for low, medium or high filtering.
You can increase the size of targets on screen to help differentiate from noise, or reduce the size to sharpen shoreline details.
The single radar antenna can display radar images on your chartplotter map page side by side, with independent range settings and controls for both close and long range. One or both ranges can also be viewed as a chart overlay. An autopilot or heading sensor is recommended for best results.
Mini-automatic radar plotting aid (MARPA) tracks up to 10 selected targets, helping you keep track of other vessels and avoid collisions.
This provides redundancy and the ability for each display unit on the boat to select data from 1 of 2 different radar sources.
Set the safety zone, and receive an alarm when an object enters the zone.
Variable range markers (VRM) and electronic bearing lines (EBL) allow rapid measurements of distance and bearing to vessels and land. It fits the selected radar range to the vertical size of your display to show more forward-looking radar returns on screen and make it easier to interpret target distances.
All Garmin radars are designed to be easy to install and easy to use. There are no complex user settings to adjust; just install your radar, and start using it. You can rely on the GMR Fantom radar to provide reliable, optimum performance in all conditions.Specifications
|Rotation speed (RPM)||24 and 48 rpm (High Speed only available in Single Range mode, with MotionScope disabled, and on range settings of 12 NM or lower)|
|Transmit power||250W of pulse compression power output, the approximate equivalent to a 6kW magnetron|
|Beam width||1.8° horizontal|
|Maximum range||96 nm|
|Minimum range||6 meters|
|High definition (outstanding target separation with less screen clutter)||Yes|
|MARPA target tracking (collision avoidance)||Yes (Requires Heading Sensor, Sold Separately)|
|Guard zone alarm||Yes|
|Auto Bird Gain||Yes|
|Dual Radar Support||Yes|
|Echo Trails||Yes, True|
|Programmable Antenna Parking Position||Yes|
|Max Wind Speed||80 kt|
|Input Voltage||10-32 V|
|Dimensions||Pedestal: 16.6"" x 14.3"" x 10.7""
Full assembly: 15.9"" height x 52.3"" diameter
What's in the Box:
- GMR Fantom 250 watt pedestal antenna and pedestal
- 4' Fantom Antenna
- Right angle power cable (15 meters)
- Right angle network cable (15 meters)
- Mounting hardware kit and template